Friday, May 17, 2019

Fading Voices and a Writing Prompt

My voices seem to have stopped for the most part, except for occassional indistinct comments. Remember the "for the most part" part. It is difficult to believe the biggest hurdle I faced in my life (my own mind) which made me suffer for the last 20 something years was resolved so easily and so quickly. Life has become a little boring without having to grapple with my voices. I was used to staying on edge to hear the latest comments on my thoughts and actions, changing my behavior and what I said to disprove them, or sometimes arguing with them in my mind (I will wirte about the specifics later). I guess I should become more spontaneous from now on. I miss feeling that the fate of the world was in my hands and believing that many people were in a way hanging on my every little word, action, and thought. It was some sort of not-so-peaceful symbiosis giving me feelings of grandiosity and self-importance and my voices something to busy themselves with. Of course, I was also extremely anxious of what the voices would do to me. It took me a long time to unerstand that they are just that, voices, and the most that they can do is to shout threats, insults, and commands. A bad dream seems to be coming to an end and the voices are dying. 😉 😀

On another note, Freud is known to have used the self-analysis method, and there are some books on Freud's self-analysis. Karen Horney also wrote a book called Self-Analysis published in English in 1942. I think it's time some knowledgeable person wrote a new guide to self-analysis, incorporating the psychoanalytic developments of the last 77 years. It might help lots of people, become a best seller, and make psychoanalysis popular again. Any volunteers?


A loony's two cents. Please write about good psychology books you have read in the comments. It's fun and therapeutic to write and interact. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Only comments in English will be published.